Interview skills play a very crucial role in cracking a job interview. And it becomes more critical when the interview is in your dream company.
Most of the candidates struggle with the right set of interview skills. In order to crack that particular job interview, they need to master the interview skills.
By the end of this article, you’ll know the most important interview skills that will help you in cracking your next job interview. If you execute these tips you won’t fail in your next job interview.
Top 5 Interview Skills You Need To Crack Job Interviews
1. Interview Skills – Start With Greeting
Doesn’t matter if you are going as a fresher or an experienced person in a job interview. You should always greet the interviewer whenever you meet him/her for the first time.
Now, many candidates ignore this ritual to greet the interviewer. However, they knew “First Impression is the Last Impression” but when it comes to execution they tend to forget this.
You can start with saying – Hello, Good Morning, Good Afternoon, Good Evening as per the time you being interviewed. But, never ever avoid this step of greeting the interviewer or any other person in your life.
Also, make sure to greet the interviewer at the end of the interview as well. Your interview went well or not, It doesn’t matter. What matters is how do you accept that? Do you accept it or do you reflect it in your words your behavior?
Now, the research is very much important in your life. And if I talk about job interview than it becomes more important because until and unless you knew about the company and the job, you won’t be able to frame your answers correctly.
Before going for any interview, make sure that you do a complete research about the company, the job, the interviewer, the founders, the investors and each and everything that you could find about the job.
If you do follow this step of the interview process than you will be able to frame your answers effectively in front of the interviewer.
There are people who just went for the interviews and don’t do their homework of doing research about the companies. These people are the ones who are not able to perform in the job interviews.
Go through the entire Job description in detail.
Go through the company website in detail and also search for the team members inside the company.
Spent some time in finding out these things because, in the end, you’ll be getting the job you’ll be interviewing for.
Below is the Video explanation of the same in HINDI Language (For Indians).
3. Body Language
Your body language speaks a lot about you and your personality. You may lie to the other person through your words but your body language will indicate when you are lying & when you are being truthful.
So, never ever underestimate or try to bully the interviewer. The interviewer has more experience than you have & he is smarter than you are.
The more you’ll be honest and truthful in the interview process, the more will be your chances to get selected in the job.
Some of the key elements of your body language in the interview are your listening skills, your speaking skills and your hand gestures (the way you are using your hands to explain things).
Always try to listen to the interviewer very carefully because the interviewer may try to trick you with their easy cum complicated question.
That’s why it’s very important to listen to each and every single point that the interviewer is making during the interview.
Secondly, your speaking skills matter the most.
As to how are you speaking, how much confident you are while answering questions, how much conviction you have in your own words and answers. Don’t be in a hurry to finish the answer. Take your time and answer properly.
Last is Hand Gestures – Hand gestures represent your thought process. It tells about your thoughts, your way of explaining things, confidence, self-belief, conviction. And most importantly you being honest or not in the interviewer or in your work.
Preparing for a job interview includes so many things in it. And as I mentioned earlier job research is on the part of interview preparation.
Now, there are some things specifically which I want to share with you to enhance your interview preparation.
- Prepare your Resume:- Keep your resume updated and as per the job description. Try mentioning all the phrases and keywords that are already there in the job description.
- Prepare your Wardrobe: – When you have to go for an interview then one night before make sure you have your wardrobe ready with the clothes that you’ll be wearing the same day. You should not be acting like you don’t know what to wear.
- Prepare your Questions for: – There are a bunch of interview questions that almost common and are asked in every single job interview. Make sure, you prepare them for yourself. Also, prepare your answers and practise or even record them in your cellphone or any other device and listen to how you are answering.
- Prepare Your Questions By: – At the end of every single interview, the interviewer ask a question “Do you have any questions for me?”. Now, remember that this is the golden opportunity to make a good impression by asking the right question to the interviewer. At least, have some 2-3 questions that you can ask the interviewer. Do a little research and ask a question that you genuinely want to know about an not just for the sake of asking a question at the end.
5. Interview Skills – Reflect
The interviewer will only know the things which you will be sharing with them. So, keep in your mind while speaking each single word that you speak.
Your words are the reflection of what you have upon in your mind & what kind of person you are in terms of personality.
So, try to reflect these 3 things –
- Calmness: – When you are in an interview or in a meeting, show calmness & show your patience level. Don’t just be in a hurry to run away from the interview. The calmness of your mind will be reflected in your answers. So, make sure you listen to them carefully and then answer calmly.
- Politeness: – Have some respect for the interviewer. He/She is just like you. Respect them in all ways. Be polite while answering the questions or even while having a general conversation with the interviewer. Now in some cases, the interviewer may give you some irrelevant task or situation which may test your patience level. So, don’t get aggressive in that case. Think and answer.
- Positivity: – Always have a positive mindset. It doesn’t mean that you just have to think positively all the time. But have a positive approach to any question or situation. The results are not in your hand (control), the only thing that’s in your control is to just work and react to situations and events in your life.
Be a person who is reflecting these 3 things interview skills in your job interview.
Conclusion – Top 5 Interview Skills
Cracking any job interview is not a difficult task once the person know the right interview skills that he/she needs to master in order to get positive results.
And out of these 5 tips that I have shared above, If you miss any of the steps then you won’t get the desired result for yourself.
So, make sure that you are following all these 5 Job Interview Skills for your next job interview and share your success story with us.
Also, If you have any suggestions or have any questions related to job interviews or related to career. Than do mention in the comment section below to get a detailed answer & tips that really work.
Do share it with people who can benefits from these Top 5 Interview skills in order to crack any job interview.
Stay Awesome!! Stay Healthy !!